Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Harshani (she/her) is a highly experienced counsellor and Accredited EMDR Practitioner with 17 years of clinical experience with clients of all ages. At Mindful Living, she focuses on providing individual and couple therapy for adults. Harshani specialises in complex trauma and has completed extensive advanced training in EMDR Therapy. Her warm and approachable demeanour creates a safe, non-judgmental space for clients to explore their concerns and overcome the effects of trauma. Harshani draws from a variety of evidence-based techniques, such as emotional-focused therapy, hypnotherapy, and the Gottman Method for couples, in addition to EMDR Therapy. Her broad experiences from working in Australia and abroad have shaped her into an open-minded therapist who works sensitively with clients from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds. Outside of work, Harshani is a Mum to two teenage boys and enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Masters in Counseling and Psycho-social Support, University of Colombo
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psycho-Social Support, University of Colombo
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, Open University of Sri Lanka
- Certificate IV in Mental Health, TAFE NSW
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (Level 3)
- Student Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Member of the EMDR Association of Australia
Harshani sees clients on Tuesdays including after hours.