Clinical Social Worker and Family Therapist
BA (Psych), BSW, MClinFamilyTherapy, AASW, AMHSW, AAFT (Assoc)
Kerrin Basil is a Clinical Social Worker, Family Therapist and EMDR trained therapist. She has 20 years’ experience providing therapeutic services across a range of settings including family services, public mental health, counselling, family therapy and hospital social work. Kerrin is passionate about working with survivors of trauma and has a down-to-earth, authentic and compassionate therapeutic style. She has a particular interest in working with complex trauma, chronic illness and pain, personality difficulties and somatisation disorders. Kerrin provides counselling to children, adults and families. Outside of work, she enjoys the arts, theatre, spending time in her garden, cuddling her cats Pandora and Dimitri, and collecting anything mid-century.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Bachelor of Arts (Psych) (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Social Work (Victoria University)
- Master of Clinical Family Therapy (Latrobe University – Bouverie Centre)
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Associate Member of the Australian Association of Family Therapy
Kerrin sees clients on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, including after-hours.