Nikki (she/her) is a registered psychologist and EMDR therapist who has spent over a decade working in community services across mental health, disability, and the alcohol and other drugs sector before commencing psychology. Nikki works with people who are 16 years and older and sees a variety of mental health presentations with a particular interest in trauma and the various ways it can impact people’s lives, such as PTSD and complex PTSD, borderline personality disorder, substance misuse, generalised anxiety disorder, and in people who have a forensic background.
She believes strongly in an empowering, person-centred approach, and working collaboratively with people. She strives for people to feel genuinely seen for their strengths and challenges and to develop a treatment plan which encompasses both.
Nikki has a direct therapeutic style which is always combined with a strong sense of empathy and compassion. She is passionate about treating people from all aspects of life, especially those who have complex needs. Her primary framework is EMDR Therapy, which she compliments with a variety of evidence-based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Schema Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and ‘parts work’.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Post-graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology Practice – Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Master of Professional Psychology – Cairnmillar Institute
- Post-graduate diploma of Psychological Science – Bond University
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science – LaTrobe University
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society – Clinical Psychology College
- Member of the EMDR Association of Australia
Nikki sees clients on Mondays and Thursdays, including after hours.