Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Couple Therapist and Family Therapist
MSW, MClinFamTh, GradDipCC, BMus, AASW (AMHSW), AAFT (Clinical), PACFA (Clinical)
Rosemary Becker is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Couple and Clinical Family Therapist and EMDR Therapist. She has extensive experience in counselling individuals (adults and adolescents), couples and families. She has worked in community-based and hospital settings, most recently a community-based youth and family therapy team. Rosemary has a warm, empathic and collaborative manner and uses a range of therapeutic approaches including EMDR therapy, ACT, CBT, mindfulness and various couple and family therapy modalities. She has a strong interest in trauma work and also has experience working with issues including depression, anxiety, grief and bereavement, relationship issues, family violence, parenting and life transitions. Outside of work, Rosemary enjoys time with family and friends, reading good books, listening to music, good films, travel and long walks in nature.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Master of Social Work (University of Melbourne)
- Master of Clinical Family Therapy (La Trobe University – Bouverie Centre)
- Specialist Course in Couple Therapy (Relationships Australia, Victoria)
- Graduate Diploma in Christian Counselling (Tabor College Victoria)
- Bachelor of Music (University of Melbourne)
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AMHSW)
- Australian Association of Family Therapy (Clinical Member)
- PACFA (Clinical Registrant)
Rosemary sees clients on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, including after hours.