Teryn (she/her) is a Counselling Psychologist and EMDR therapist with approximately 10 years of diverse experiences in the field. She is also a registered supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia. As a Counselling Psychologist, Teryn has always focused on supporting and empowering individuals and groups to develop positive strengths and wellbeing, manage transitions, resolve challenges and mental health issues, and increasing involvement and contentment in interpersonal connections. She is dedicated to delivering comprehensive psychological support to clients grappling with an array of challenges, including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relationship issues including intimacy. She has a special interest in working with clients who have experienced trauma, as well as with clients striving for peak performance and personal growth, and has worked with emergency services personnel for several years.
Teryn blends warmth, empathy, a down-to-earth personality and a touch of humour to build rapport and a strong therapeutic alliance with her clients to establish a safe space to work collaboratively and achieve their goals. She uses an integrative therapeutic approach to tailor services to client needs, and has experience with EMDR, schema therapy, CBT, psychodynamic therapy, solution focused brief therapy, motivational interviewing, positive psychology and mindfulness.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with loved ones, indulges in personal hobbies which includes some nerdy stuff, and finds solace in the simple pleasure of nestling onto the couch with a cozy blanket and a steaming cup of tea.
Qualifications and Professional Associations
- Master of Counselling Psychology (La Trobe University)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) (Monash University)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow of the APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Member of the APS Military and Emergency Services and Psychology Interest Group
- Member of the APS EMDR and Psychology Interest Group
- Member of the APS Psychology in the Public Sector Interest Group
- Member of the APS Performing Arts and Entertainment Industry Interest Group
- Member of the EMDR Association of Australia
Teryn sees clients on Mondays and Tuesdays, including after hours.